Liam joined the children's choir at church this year. He was sick for their first performance, but got to sing this past Sunday with the St. Cecilia Consort, a chamber orchestra affiliated with the church. The adult choir and members of the other children's choir also sang with the Cherub choir on one of the pieces. Accompanied by the St. Cecilia Consort, the entire performance was amazing. The children had a practice at 8:30 a.m. prior to their 9:00 a.m. performance and then stayed in the sanctuary until 9:30 a.m. when they finished their second song. Though this was a long time to sit/stand quietly in the same place, Liam was so mesmerized by the instruments that the time passed quickly for him. Of course we were proud! I was not able to film the actual performance since it was during the worship service, but I did manage to get a video of Liam during the early morning rehearsal. After church he said "Mom did you see those cool instruments?" "I like the cello."
Getting ready in the choir room
Rehearsal with the orchestra
"Long ago in Bethlehem" and "A German Christmas"
No comments:
Post a Comment